Monday, June 28, 2010

Lovin' Summer

The kids have figured out that a nice easy going summer is a big treat. This reading session was followed by a break where Abbie came in the house saying , " I love summer!" We love the sunlight and the sun-warmth. We are working on enjoying the simple pleasures of summer every day.

An ice cream treat at a fancy ice cream party!

The kids playing with the camera. They have quite a collection of summertime images!


A romantic Costco date with mom and the 4 girls. This is a bit of a tradition enjoyed over the years with different subsets of children. I know I will miss these days when the time comes that I make these trips solo.



I usually have a gimmicky-but-fun summer work motivator. The clipboards (idea from Stacy Julian) were such a hit last year, we are doing a repeat with a few changes. We still liked the actual clipboards from last year, so we didn't make new ones. I can make changes to their forms as needed. In fact, this photo is version 2 of 3. They have a new sheet each week and the big girls are earning money for a ticket to the musical Wicked to be used in the fall in San Francisco.

5 comments:

chris said...

We're keeping it simple too. I love it, and so do the kids. The clipboards are a great idea.

IzeOfLight said...

So cool! And saving up for Wicked? How perfect is that?! I've seen it three times now and can't wait to see it again (how I love living nearing LA for stuff like this).

Susie said...

I'm stealing the clipboard idea. Nothing better - or cheaper - than a Costco date!

Em said...

So glad you're having a great summer. You inspire me with your clipboards and Costco lunches (as always)!

Sharon said...

Haven't been by the blog for ages -- good to see your girls! Darling as always. We won't be out there this summer, so you'll just have to blog about your clipboards more. I am always casting for ideas that speak to me (realistically achievable for Team Cliff)