Saturday, December 3, 2011

Harry Potter Party at Harrod's

Mural made out of Legos

Today was all about Harrod's and Harry Potter.  Harrod's runs a very organized DVD party and we followed all of their directions. We started out the day at Harrod's to pick up an armband for entrance to the DVD signing party.  Abbie wandered around the HP shop again taking in every detail.  We had to tear her away.

We ate our picnic lunch on the square outside Harrod's.  We took a detour to a camera store to replace my lens cap that disappeared somewhere on the Tube yesterday before returning home to relax and regroup before the DVD party.

Waiting in Line

4:30pm was the time to queue at Door 3 of Harrod's. We arrived by 4:45 and the queue was already around the corner.  There were fans in Hogwarts scarves and even a few lightning bolted foreheads.  The British school uniforms look much like Hogwarts', so if you throw on a scarf, your look is complete.  It was cold and rainy outside, so I took a couple trips indoors with Lizzie and Avery while Katie and Abbie held our spot in line.

Our turn came about 6:30pm.  They got to meet the actors who played Professor Flitwick, the Weasley twins, Lavender Brown, and Arthur Weasley.  I took pictures as fast as I could!  Just like author signings, you wait, wait, wait and then your turn at the signing table lasts about 20 seconds.





This is the Harrod's wizard who told us about the party.

The girls were so excited!

When exiting the party, they were unexpectedly given Harry Potter goodie bags full of very cool stuff!  T-shirts, movie soundtracks, key chains, duffle bags, Lego Harry Potters, journals, Hogwarts scarves.  I think they floated all the way home!



Tonight was our first rain of the trip

The Rest of the Story:

1. Minutes after boarding the bus on the way to the party, Lizzie put a rock up her nose and couldn't get it out.  It stayed there several hours before we could pull it out with tweezers when we got home.

After pulling it out I said, "Let's not put things in our nose anymore." 
Lizzie says, "Why?"

2. While waiting outside Harrod's we saw Mr. Al-Fayed (former Harrod's owner & father of Dodi) arrive and enter with security team.

3. Lizzie wet her pants when she fell asleep in the stroller waiting outside.  Ugh.  Lucky she had on dark jean leggings.  I suppose I could have outfitted her from the Gucci toddler department.

while storing pebble


No comments: