Austin spent 2 weeks working in New York and I flew out for a crazy-fun weekend in the middle.
You know, every time we are able to leave town together, I mentally assume this will be our last trip away until the kids are grown. It seems harder and harder to align all the stars (childcare, flights, work, $) and let's not forget that as our family grows, the busy-ness and hard work in taking care of them while we're away multiplies too. [Thank you fearless care givers!!!!] When it does all come together, I just hold my breath and jump into the adventure. Knowing "this" trip could be the last, we want to enjoy it as much as possible. New York City last weekend was no exception.
Perfect weather. Two-plus days packed to the brim with nice weather, walking, museums, subways, parks, taxis, food, old friends, Broadway shows, etc. etc. etc. What's not to like?
I had to pinch myself that we got to see
Kristen Chenoweth and Sean Hayes in Promises, Promises. Incredible!
So it turns out we're not the only ones with a mild addiction to those little candies.
I got to visit Purl Soho IN PERSON!
What a guy Austin is to hang out amidst (fabulous) yarn and (fabulous) fabrics
for an hour while I soaked it all up.
More Purl. I've never actually seen Liberty of London fabrics
in person and here they had so many to choose from!
While I finished selecting a souvenir at Purl,
Austin wandered into Rudy's Music and found all these cool guitars.
Blue bonnets! I forgot about those. These I spotted on my way home
after landing for my layover at DFW Airport.
What a guy Austin is to hang out amidst (fabulous) yarn and (fabulous) fabrics
for an hour while I soaked it all up.
in person and here they had so many to choose from!
Austin wandered into Rudy's Music and found all these cool guitars.
after landing for my layover at DFW Airport.
4 comments:
I don't know what I'm more envious of...the Broadway play or Purl Soho. I'm so glad you got to get away. :)
What a great getaway! I would LOVE to see Kristin Chenoweth and/or Sean Hayes in anything. Glad you had such a good time!
New York is one of the coolest places ever. I'm so glad you got a well-deserved break. Wish we lived closer so we could help out with the kids while you go.
just discovered your blog! you've been holding out on me. and i couldn't be more jealous right now. NY food, Kristen Chenoweth, Purl, actually holding Liberty of London fabric in your hands!!! sounds amazing. glad you got to go.
Post a Comment