Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ducky (Umbrella) Goes to School


Avery conveniently had her Meet-the-Teacher/Assessment last Monday so she could go to school on the older girls' first day of school. However, yesterday was her official first day of Kindergarten.

The morning began cold, dark, and rainy. Our planned line-up on the playground turned into a mad dash into the school to be told first to go to the cafeteria, then sent back to her classroom.

Getting Ready to Dash into the School


Loving older sisters ushering Avery to her class - Lizzie & I couldn't keep up.


She did a marvelous job being happy and participating (all the kids did.) I was fine as long as I got myself out of there. After Avery sat down at her table, I looked around and saw several moms with moist eyes looking wistfully toward their suddenly grown babies. I knew I had to get out of there fast.

Ready to Start the Day!
(I kick myself for not moving that McD bag!
They were learning about "environmental reading"
where kids recognize logos and "read" them.)

No comments: