Thursday, August 19, 2010

Temporary Downsizing

While the big girls were off to visit my parents in Arizona, we had some quality time with the little girls. It didn't take long to miss our big kids, however, we were quickly transported back to what life was like about eight years ago with just a toddler and preschooler. I knew that I'd be short on helping hands while Katie and Abbie were gone, but I learned there is just a lot less work to be done with half the kids gone.

We did lots of simple things geared just for this younger set.

We did a lot of this:


A carousel ride gets so much mileage with these guys.


Made some apricot jam with the apricots from the CSA - yum!


Purple carrots too!

Finally got this dress made for Lizzie based on a tutorial from here.



Then, my big girls came home -- happy from a week of grandparents love, and even a little bit older and more independent than when they left.

The end.

2 comments:

chris said...

We had a similar experience with our older children gone...we missed them, but it was nice to have things simple for a time, too. Love the pillowcase dress!

Em said...

Jax and Lizzie have the exact same tricycle! I love all the fun you have with your kids, and what seasoned travellers Katie and Abbie have become.