We have an annual Valentine's Day breakfast that is so simple and easy. The key ingredients are a red table cloth, crepes, and fancy glasses. I sprinkle candy on the table and place any Valentines that have come in the mail from grandparents at each child's place. You would not believe how excited these guys get.
Each child also has one unwrapped surprise at her place which is usually something I have picked up after Christmas. This year Katie and Abbie both got jackets embellished with a fun flower a la Heather Bailey. Avery got a pair of Thomas the Tank Engine pajama pants I whipped up the day before.
Always strawberry crepes.
We each wrote something we loved about the others in the family and added them to our wall throughout the day.
Unknown to us, weeks before Valentine's Day, Katie made these Hershey's Kiss Rosebuds for each member of the family. She wrote a special Haiku for each person on the leaf and left one at each place. So sweet.
1 comment:
I love reading your blog. What an awesome Valentine's tradition- breakfast and hearts on the wall. As usual, I'm really glad I have you to look up to for parenting ideas.
Post a Comment